The background to Executive Order 13603 apparently stretches back a full 60 years to President Harry S. Truman’s attempt to take over the U.S. Steel Industry—back then Presidents were not allowed to seize private property without due process of law, and there was no Secretary of Homeland Security at all….
Well, Jerry Hodge of Claremont, California set me right and I have to temper what I wrote earlier: many of the executive orders which seem most oppressive are actually almost as old as I am, which is to say a suitable subject for archaeological research…. Turns out that the list of Legislative Decrees promulgated as Executive Orders that I published just a few hours ago does not belong exclusively to OBAMA at all, the oldest listed goes back to John F. Kennedy…
This brings up a very important point—just ten years earlier than the earliest executive order listed here, in Youngstown Sheet & Tube v. Sawyer, decided June 2, 1952: 06-02-1952 Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co v Sawyer 343 US 579 72 SCt 363 SCOTUS May-June 1952, see also 05-03-1952 Petition for Writ of Certiorari in Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company by John W Davis et al
Anyhow, in 1952, the Supreme Court say that Legislation was still the province of Congress….what happened? Well, first Earl Warren and then Warren Burger spent the next twenty years bolstering the power of the Executive Branch AND the Judicial Branch OVER the legislative, for one thing…
More from “The Mad Jewess” (rapidly becoming one of my favorite fellow, or I suppose I should say “sister” bloggers in the world):
À : ’Charles Lincoln’
Envoyé le : Dimanche 30 septembre 2012 14h48
Objet : RE: The Dictatorship of the Proletariat, by Barack Hussein Obama
Weren’t these orders issued by Kennedy or other Presidents?
THE WHITE HOUSE,February 2, 1962.
abuse of power,Executive Order 10990,Executive Order 10995,Executive Order 10997,Executive Order 11000,Executive Order 11001,Executive Order 11002,Executive Order 11003,Executive Order 11004,Executive Order 11005,Executive Order 11049,Executive Order 11051,Executive Order 11310,Executive Order 11921,Obama Has Signed Dictatorial & Tyrannical Executive Orders. He MUST Be Stopped
I received this list in my email last night. What is it going to take to stop the madness? This is anti-American. A President is not supposed to rule by executive orders. He is supposed to protect us from enemies; foreign and domestic. But, he is the enemy that is foreign and also a domestic enemy.
We never hear about this massive abuse of power on Faux News, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, etc.
Why were executive orders that GWB signed not ok and this is OK? Where are the ‘classical’ Libertarians? Seems they are missing in action. Ditto fake Conservatives who think that God is ‘blessing’ America.
LOOK at the list, dammit. STOP arguing with me and look at your freedoms diminishing, daily. A poster that used to come here saw ‘nothing nefarious’ with this abuse of power, below.. She had to be insane. And worse: she was a Jew. Imagine a psycho-moonbat Jew being FOR executive orders…
- Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
- Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
- Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
- Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
- Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.
- Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
- Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
- Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.
- Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.
- Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues over a fifteen-year period.
- Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
- Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
- Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
PLEASE STOP THE DICTATOR.